tea (n.) \ˈtē\ 1. shrub (Camellia sinensis of the family Theaceae, the tea family) cultivated especially in China, Japan, and the East Indies 2. an aromatic beverage prepared from tea leaves by infusion with boiling water.

Friday, July 22, 2011

Pi Lo Chun (Green Snail Spring)

I will be honest, I expected more from this tea.  Although the process of creating this tea is ages old- involving the careful, hand-rolling of each leaf set, I was not enamored with the flavor.  It was rather earthy and smoky for a green tea- lacking the bright, spring-like qualities I enjoy in other brews.  Upton claims, "The most tender buds are picked under carefully controlled conditions in the spring. One of the most prized of China green teas, only a limited amount of this special grade tea is available."  Not my cup of tea.
ZG92: Pi Lo Chun (Green Snail Spring)
Origin: China
Steeping Suggestions
Leaf Quantity: 2¼ g/cup
Water Temp: 180º
Steep Time: 3-3½ min.

No comments:

Post a Comment