tea (n.) \ˈtē\ 1. shrub (Camellia sinensis of the family Theaceae, the tea family) cultivated especially in China, Japan, and the East Indies 2. an aromatic beverage prepared from tea leaves by infusion with boiling water.

Monday, October 25, 2010

Moroccan Mint

There is something about the combination of a smoky green and mint that wakes me up from any slump.  After stealing several cups worth of peppermint from my neighbor, I finally broke down an ordered a 100g tin from Upton Teas (suggested to me by my partner in crime).  I must say, I am pleased with the herb.  It is more powerful than any other mint blend I have had at the school dining hall.


  • 3/4 tsp China Gunpowder Green Organic (Special Teas #520)
  • 1/2 tsp Domestic Peppermint (Upton Teas #389A)
  • 1/2 tsp Spearmint (Frontier)
Steep 3 mins @ 180 degrees F

Review: A Moroccan mint that will knock your socks off.  The smoky gunpowder taste is noticeable with the first sip, followed with cooling mint tones that linger.  No need for sugar here.

No comments:

Post a Comment